So, you are wondering whether a bespoke CRM solution is right for you or not? Well, the simple answer is ‘yes’, of course it is! In today’s time and age, customised CRM solutions are highly sought after and indeed, cannot be ignored. However, whilst this is certainly true, it is equally important to note that bespoke isn’t necessarily the only way to go. In fact, the custom is only one of many ways to guarantee that you will get your money’s worth from a CRM solution.
For those who might be wondering how much difference a bespoke CRM solution makes – well quite simply, it can make a massive difference. Obviously, if you were previously using an off-the- shelf solution that did not have the necessary features required to excel at your business, obviously you would be making a substantial saving by opting for bespoke CRM solutions. The main difference in cost, and the fact that the new solution actually does what you require it to do, mean that you can almost see an enormous ROI in the opening.. But that’s not all there is to it. Below are just two other reasons why you can and should consider opting for bespoke CRM solutions:
– You will always get what you pay for: It is very easy to find yourself paying more than is necessary when it comes to bespoke CRM solutions. In fact, as companies and individuals alike realise how much potential CRM systems hold, the number of companies looking to cash in on these programs has increased significantly. This means that you may well find that the solution you originally purchased is no longer as effective as the latest products on the market. Whilst it may be tempting to spend more on a product that will perform better and will last longer, this can prove to be a massive waste of money. It is important therefore to get a system which has been designed with the needs of a business in mind. Most importantly, it will have been tailor made to suit your specific business requirements.
– Time is at a premium: If your time is of paramount importance, it makes far more sense to go with an off the shelf solution rather than committing to a bespoke CRM solution. All of the time and financial commitment that you will put into customising the solution will be lost in the time and effort it takes to implement the CRM systems yourself. As a result, you can potentially save significant amounts of money by opting to buy off the shelf software. Another great plus is the wide range of features that most of these solutions offer and as such, you can benefit greatly by being able to configure them all. The biggest downfall however, is that these systems are mass produced with little attention to detail or creativity so they are not tailored to your specific requirements. In other words, off the shelf solutions are more likely to fall apart quickly and are unlikely to provide you with a bespoke, tailor made solution.
– You don’t have to get started from scratch: Many small and medium sized businesses struggle with the steep learning curve required when looking at getting started with an online CRM solution. By going with a bespoke solution, you get started with the basics and can progress through more complex business processes with greater ease. This means you will get started with an existing system and work from there. Also, many bespoke CRM solutions include additional tools to help your business. This could include things like customer management applications, marketing applications, web based email and data entry applications and more. By choosing to implement a custom solution, you get everything that you need in one place making it far easier to implement.
– There’s less guesswork involved: If your business needs to be customized to suit your specific business processes, then getting a custom-built crm isn’t for you. However, many small businesses struggle with this task because they don’t know what their specific business needs to be addressed. With a bespoke solution, you get a fully researched and developed product that’s been designed with your specific business needs in mind. This includes all the bells and whistles that you’ll need along the way. Many of these are already in the product, such as the database and CRM module.
– Your data is already on hand: When you go with a bespoke crm solution, you have all of your data already in place. Whether it’s sales figures, customer lists and orders, you’re already set to go. You don’t have to worry about losing data or being unable to access it. Many small businesses struggle with this issue because they have a hard time backing up data that is critical to their operations. A well-designed and properly-programmed database will take care of that for you, leaving you free to worry about other aspects of your business that are far more important.
– You can tailor the product to fit your requirements: Many times people who go with a bespoke crm solution will end up choosing a product that’s specifically tailored to their needs. They may have an idea of what they want their database to look like, but they may not have a clear picture of what kind of customer information they should have access to. By customizing your solution, you are essentially tailoring it to your specific business needs. This will ensure that you get exactly what you want out of your database and customer information.